Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Red was Arthur's favourite....

You know I have a lovely blog friend and her name is REIN
and every so often she offers the most delightful vintage images for paper artists to use, this is one of Reins lovely images...
Thankyou very much Rein... Watch for the post,
I made a few of these ATC, there is one coming for you very soon.
I've renamed this little chap Arthur...
I am involved in a swap titled "Shades of Grey"
so ofcourse being me, I had to put a bit of humour into my ATC...
so here you have it...
"out of all the shades of grey, Red was Arthur's Favourite"
{My sense of humour really confuses my children sometimes, they each told me that red isn't a shade of grey....LOL!!!!}
This is the paper I made to use with my ATC,
I wet some heavy watercolour paper first, then splodged {yes that is a technical term of mine} some black ink onto the wet surface, dried it with the heat gun,
Then I mixed some grey paint up, dipped some crochet cotton in the paint and lay the painty cotton across the paper.. this created those lines you can see on the paper.
then using this same paint I painted my Paper Artsy Numbers Background stamp and repeatedly stamped the paper... and there you have it....
Shades of Grey Background Paper.
if you want to save shades of grey on your computer and use it sometime...
Please go right ahead :O)

18 comments:

Vintage Papers said...

Arthur looks "scrummy" in red! gorgeous piece!!!

Rika said...

Arthur looks wonderful with his red crown! Lovely ATC! :)

Anonymous said...

Arthur does indeed look like he enjoys a spot of red! Love him.
thanks too for your bg paper - I have saved it for future use. :)

Esther said...

I like the others will try and incoroprate arthur into the comment,- there done it! What a clever lady you are to make your own paper! I was totally fooled and thought it was one you may have bought- I should have known better!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gillian, what an awesome background. I put it right onto my hard drive :). And for me, red is also the most beautiful shade of grey :)) so I can relate to your ATC.

Stacy said...

great card but totally love that paper!!!!

Leni said...

wonderful ATC.

Flower said...

lol Love Arthur and that all of your kids had the same reaction is hysterical! Awesome swap ATC with that background!

Tammy said...

Oh very creative and patient Gill. Lucky your kids know whats going on with the colour spectrum ; )LOL

Barbara said...

I would have never never guessed you made this paper. Looks terrific. Thanks for explaining how you did it and you look like you had fun too.

Pearl said...

Arthur. Alfred.. very English names ! lol
great going here grrl !

& you've been tageed again - if u wanna head over to me blog !

Kimberly White said...

Love your sense of humour Gillian! Love that red crown! You make such beautiful art! Kim

Godelieve said...

Wonderful ATC, and I LOVE how you designed the paper, thanks for explaining!! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love Arthur, that's so funny. The background paper is fab, I might have a go at making some myself. Sx

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love this little guy, he's so cute especially with his red!!

Philippa said...

Love the background demo :)

Mary-Beth said...

Arthur is adorable and your bg paper is fantastic! I too have saved it and I hope to be able too find a project to use it in.

Thanks for sharing Gillian!

Coby said...

Gillian, I too appreciate your sense of humor. What a great ATC.

love Coby