Friday, May 08, 2009

Create Art....

Hello friends :)
it's been a little while since I've gotten my hands inky
and oh how I missed it!
I've just finished making this little Artist Trading Card (2 1/2" x 3 1/2")
using some lovely new Darkroom Door Stamps - DDRS027 Artist Set.
Lot's of stamping, layering, stitching, embossing and as mentioned 'inky fingers' :)
I dipped the edges of the ATC in embossing powder & set it to give the edges a nice finished edge this also seals the edges of the stitching saving them from unravelling.Well I do hope you are having a lovely day....
it's just the most lovely weather here at the moment,
the days are becoming cooler and the autumn leaves are falling,
It's such a pretty time of the year.
I hope today you can find some time to Create :)




9 comments:

Jan Allsopp said...

Very nice! It looks like you had a lot of fun making it too!

Kimberly White said...

It's so good to create ... your creation is lovely my friend! Have a wonderful day!
Kim

The Stamping Queen said...

Great ATC Gillian! I know what it's like to "get back to being inky". Can't wait for my turn.
Keeping warm with the heater on!!
Barb
xx

Lynn said...

That is just beautiful!
I haven't had the nerve to sew on paper yet, but I think I feel some stitching coming on!

sandra said...

I really love the way you have used the darkroom stamp with the stitching. great idea

Anonymous said...

it looks really amazing!

Rika said...

Fantastic ATC, love the stitching!

Vintage Papers said...

Gillian
this is one amazing piece! I love the stitching over it - the effect is fabulous! :) still hard to fathom you are all going into "winter"! :)

Night Owl Designs said...

Great effect with the stitching Gillian. Wonderful idea :-)