Yesterday Georgia and I had such fun playing with sculpey :)
She wanted me to share with you what she made. It's a little 'Sun Art Doll' called 'Sunny' :) This is the new mould I bought this week, and this lovely large box of sculpey... Georgia and I will be having a lovely time playing with it over the next couple of weeks. It's such a lovely craft for both children & adults. I've so many plans for this face mould, even as I'm sitting here now typing away I'm thinking up more ideas.... & I'm keen to use some of my rubber stamps with the sculpey also...
you can see the Collections Elements transparency at the top, german scrap, ribbon and rhinestone trim, the backing is a collage of Collections Elements Printed Paper I had a piece of Collections Elements Dictionary Strip in Kraft left over from my dtpack, and used that as part of the backing collage also along with some Collections words I used my newest stamp also This lovely 'Parisian Label 196' by Art Declassified, & added a few rub-ons over the top :) I also used Collections Chipboard frame, Image & Vintage Buttons.
and a few of my other bits and pieces I had floating around in my collection ;)
The Base for the pin is an old wooden domino and that charming gentleman is from Darkroom Door Photo Booth sheet, he is actually with another chap in the photo, but he is easy to separate from the other chap with a pair of scissors making him the perfect size to put on the domino. The Image & the little hat and word are sealed with modpodge (or pva glue) and then a layer of Royal Coat Dimensional Magic is applied over the top, I love that the little red dots fill up with the dimensional magic, but you can still feel they are hollow. I used Collections Elements Dictionary Strip in Kraft for the words on the side of the domino and on the wooden tape measure at the top.One Side reads 'Made of unrelated things joined together' & the other side reads 'objects made of pieces fitted together' :)
I also used ~ a piece of wooden builders ruler, beading wire, seed beads no.5, jump rings, and a vintage typewriter key.
I used a Chipboard Tag to make this hanger, and used Mod Podge to adhere all of the layers together, I gave the piece a subtle look by brushing Gesso over the top and wiping it off before it dried, then sealed the finished piece with more Mod Podge. Then a very light brush with Kindy Glitz to give the piece a hint of whimsy...(although the glittery Kindy Glitz isn't very visible in the photos) I used ~ Designs Galore VB012, Collections Elements Baroque Papers, Collections Elements Dictionary Strip Kraft C0637, Basic Grey Fruitcake Fibres. & from my own little stash ~ Cosmo Cricket Sticker, Rub-ons, Vintage Buttons, wooden tag.