Tuesday, March 22, 2011

block no.14

I'm playing a little bit of catch up on some of my block of the week squares
and this time for something different I am using a block I found on Ravelry
Block no.14 in my
Block of the Week Project
I made block
Nuthatch
by Kim at eggbird designs

This is a very cute block! Kim has provided very clear and easy to follow instructions on her blog with lots of photos, so it is easy enough even for a beginner to follow along.
I added two extra rounds of tr (uk terms) with 2tr, 2ch, 2tr in the corners. This made it the same size as my other blocks in the project.
Pattern can be found on
Ravelry & on eggbird designs

Thank you so much Kim for providing such a sweet block and great instructions :)
..........................................
I hope everyone is having a great day
~ Gillian ♥

8 comments:

**Anne** said...

This certainly is a lovely block and I like the way the colours work together.
Anne xx

Just-Do said...

Again a lovely block! I also liked the block in your previous post, and the pillow you referred to is simply gorgeous.

'Joyce' said...

Hullo Gillian, this is beautiful, I love the colours you have used here again too. Your previous block is beautiful too. You know, I have this book on my coffee table, and yet, still only done the one square from it. I have lots of catching up to do for sure. Once my studies are over, I will be able to get into it guilt free, ohhh I just know that day is coming closer, I can feel it. lol. Have a lovely rest of week at your place.

YarnRoundHook said...

I really like this one. I am thinking I need a blanket made up of lots of different blocks...

Kim said...

Hi Gillian :)

Thanks so much for sending me the link to this post - I love what you've done with the colours, and the extra border looks great.

Much love,
Kim

trudi@maudeandme said...

Another beautiful square. You are inspiring me to go beyond the granny square.

Cheri said...

Hi, I'm a new follower and brand new blogger.

Sarah Anderson said...

Beautiful block, must look that pattern up. I was very excited to discover some crochet blocks in one of my birthday pressie books. Might eventually get some made lol. 'Til then I'll just be enjoying your beautiful squares :)