Tuesday, January 10, 2012

pages from art journal.....

how does one keep calm and carry on
when all you feel like doing is screaming?

in the past three weeks since my father passed away
I have felt every emotion and cried more tears than I thought were possible
I have times were I have felt strong and then weak once more.

Prayer has at times flowed and at times felt impossible
knowing that God knows my heart has been a huge comfort
and the love of my dear family has been such a blessing.

I have started a new art journal for 2012
no great art works in there just doodles and collage and thoughts from my heart
but I thought I would share this collage of some of the pages I have made.
I have really found working on it has helped with all the muddle that seems to clog your brain when you lose someone you love.   Somehow working on it has helped me 'Carry on'.

a dear friend of mine wrote out these verses
 in a card she gave me and I wanted to share it here for you all....

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV

~ Gillian ♥

9 comments:

**Anne** said...

Gillian, there are no words I can offer you that will bring you comfort or take away the pain of your loss. Only know that there are many of us who are thinking of you during this most difficult time.
Art journals are a wonderful way to express ourselves when it seems there is nothing else we can do. I have one too and doodle, draw pictures, write words, whatever takes my fancy to let it all out.
I hope each day is a little easier for you.
Take care of you.
Lots of love and hugs,
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you Gillian.... may each day be gentler and peace easier to find.

Sarah said...

Gillian I am so sorry to read of your loss :( I am glad that you are finding some comfort from your journal and your faith and hope that they continue to carry you through

Sue said...

So sorry for your loss:( Carry on carrying on and you will work your way through to the other side...its amazing how art can be such a therapy.

hooksandyarns said...

My condolences to you and your family.

Heather - The Good Life said...

Thinking of you Gillian. Prayers for peace and grace as you mourn the loss of your father. The verse you posted from Ecclesiastes is one of my favorites. Take care.

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh Gillian, I am so sorry to hear this news! I am a great believer in a 'time for everything', such wonderful verses.
When I went through a really tough time I found just enjoying playing in my journal, not making anything particularly, just responding to the paint, paper etc, really helped. I tuned out of my thoughts and just immersed myself in making things. Take care,

Fruitful Fusion said...

Gillian, I just read your older posts. So sorry for your loss.

Paula said...

First time around and want to tell how very sorry I am for you. Love from my heart to yours. Paula