Tuesday, April 01, 2008

a little bit of Vintage Art :)

This morning I had an order from
I got the Somerset Studio Mag, which I've only had a chance to quickly look at, Fabby to see all of those Gorgeous Blog friends names in there :)
and some of these cute little Collections manican bodies, and German Scrap Wings
and ofcourse I couldn't wait to play, so I didn't ;)
And I made my VERY FIRST REAL ART DOLL - What a Buzz!!!!

I acutally cut my 'Sumerset Studio' Mag....can you believe that????

naughty aren't I, but I cut this face out of the paperwhimsy add

so I've used a whole heap of little bits and pieces, that lovely jewelry finding I've used for the skirt comes from 'brass bouquet' , most of the other bits are just little pieces I've gathered, I love those optical testing lenses I've used for the head, and that clip on the top- it's an old 'braces' clip that came out of my Nans Button jar :), the keys are from a bunch my dad gave me
ok...off to put this in The Stamping Queen Gallery

have a Happy Arty Day :)

7 comments:

Night Owl Designs said...

Wow, Gillian this is amazing! Love your little art doll :-)

Anonymous said...

She is lovely Gil. I've often admired that face in the ads. Congrats on your first art doll. I'm yet to venture there.
Barb
x

Sam Marshall said...

WOW!!! She is gorgeous.

Jill Fiore said...

Gillian,
Absolutely adorable design! You come up with the most brilliant ideas. I've seen my "Festoon" used many ways but this is a show-stopper! Thanks for sharing.

Jill, the Brass Bouquet

Kaz said...

That's a brilliant project you've done there. I love it!

Caroline Moore said...

I love the doll Gillian - there are so many beautiful elements to her.

Linda Manning Findley said...

I thought the other was great but this is AWESOME ... super job .... Linda F