Saturday, November 18, 2006

Special Card


Well I've had a fun week,
I really enjoyed doing my Card Dare's and also joining in the Pencil Line Sketch, Scroll down and check out my efforts...
But really the most fun I had in the 'Crafty' zone this week was making a very special card for a very special lady...
My friend Merryn asked me to make a card for her daughter's 21st birthday, what an honour....
so here it is.
I used my brand new scanner and scanner her colour photo and printed it onto cardstock, to get this lovely smokey photo. I think this really enhanced Merryn's daughters eyes.... Isn't it a beautiful photo of her...
And then the rest just happened...
TTFN Gillian :o)

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Gilliant - that is an absolutely stunnng card. I love the way you printed the photo onto cardstock and stitched around it.

I don't think this card will be put away - I bet it ends up constant show :-)

Debbie
x

Debbie K said...

OMGoodness Gillian, that photo has come up brilliantly.
Thank you sooo much for stopping by my blog. For some strange reason it put your post into SPAM and I nearly didn't see it !!
Have a lovely day !
Debbie K

jacquij said...

thanks for stopping by my blog
your work is just fantastic
i love it all

Anonymous said...

Love your cards they look fab.

Carole Janson said...

Wow !! Gillian your friend is going to love the card, it is just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Gillian,
I am so happy you stopped by my blog. Thank you for such kind comments. I love your art. WOW! Amazing! I will be coming back here a lot.. I hope you don't mind.
If it is okay with you.. can I link you on my blog?

Waving from across the pond!

Paula said...

Hi Gillian! Thank you for visiting my blog, I'm so glad you did or I may never have found yours! I love the card you've made and that gorgeous board book in a previous post.

Hugs
Paula

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a stunning card, you rock Gillian! :D

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card, I bet she'll treasure it for years and years. Rhi x

Anonymous said...

An absolutley gorgeous card Gillian, well done.

Andrea xx

Anonymous said...

Gillian - both Mum & Daughter are gonna love that card - it is totally gorgeous.x

Anonymous said...

Hey there Gillian,

I got ya linked!

Kathy Pitt said...

oh what a stunning card that is, i love it to bits, I am sure she will too!

Paula said...

Lovely card. She will treasure that for many years. Well done you!!!

Renata Moni said...

This is adorable!
This pic is too cute!!!

Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

I love this card too Gillian - very scrapbooky. I love it - my taste!

audrey h. said...

oh this is so precious...i love it.