Thursday, November 22, 2007

Salt - Light

This week at SALT
The theme Ruth has chosen is
LIGHT
It is mentioned so many times in the Bible,
and has many facets of meaning and symbolism.
I am the LIGHT of the World...
The people walking in darkness haveseen a great LIGHT ...
The LIGHT shines in the darkness, but thedarkness has not understood it...In the same way, let your LIGHT shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Once again I've headed to the Psalms, I'm starting to think it's my favourite book in the bible

So I've made this little 'gothic arch'

and I wanted my 'light' to be symbolised by this 'hanging lamp' the kind that would have had oil in it hanging from a ceiling, filling the room with the warmth and reasurance of light.

Isn't it amazing how a childs fear of the dark, can be eased simply by turning on the light...

Well that's been the same in my life really,

So many fears and hangups, eased simply by

'TURNING ON THE LIGHT'

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Such a gorgeous contribution, Gillian - the little lamp is beautiful, as is the whole piece of artwork. And yes, what a difference light makes!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Beautiful, and what a lovely little lamp you've made.

Kim said...

Ohhhh....this is amazing Gillian! I love it!!

Hermine said...

This is so beautiful.

paru's_circle said...

great gothic arch.. i must try to make one!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Lovely cards Gillian.

Andrea x

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!