Friday, February 10, 2012

waiting for school to finish for the day....

This is a little something else I'm working on at the moment.

We took a day trip recently to Sydney
just for fun, went to some exhibits
ate some yummy food
looked at some cool shops
took in some views.
But its about a 4hour one way drive.
Yes I did say we took a day trip!
we drove down to Sydney in the morning
and came home the same day....

So that means a few hours of solid crochet in the car! :D

So I started this lovely pattern by May Cheang
it is called Dorothy's Tail Neckerchief
and it is sooooo much fun to crochet!
I love those little spikes :)

anyway, each afternoon...
 I pick my children up from school in my car, one I pick up from primary school and the other two from high school there is 10 minute wait between picking one up and the other two so I carry this project in a bag in my car and work a row or two while I wait, its easy enough to chat with my youngest and crochet while we wait for my sons to finish high school for the day.
I’m not in a rush to finish it as it is still summer here in Australia, and it is proving to be an excellent pattern to work this way.

You can find the pattern on Ravelry Here
or in May Cheang's Etsy Store Here
there is a small cost for the pattern, but it is very well written and easy to follow and well worth the small price.

Have a happy day
~ Gillian ♥

6 comments:

trudi@maudeandme said...

wow. I can see how it gets its name.
I always have my crochet in the car for the regular car ferry trip.

zsazsazsu said...

the colorcombinations are great !

Maya Kuzman said...

Wow! It's fantastic!
Thank you for the link, I got to see how it looks finished!

Hillery said...

This little scarf reminds me of the Hitchin' a Ride scarf on Ravelry. I just love the fallish colors. Can't wait to see the finish.

Heather - The Good Life said...

Hi Gillian, I wanted to let you know I've given you an award on my blog. If you don't do awards, that's OK, I just wanted to recognize some of my favorites that I like to read. Take care and I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Heather

Heldasland said...

What a fun looking scarf.As ever your yarn choice is so beautiful.thanks for the link