Thursday, October 04, 2012

Strawberry Danish Pincushion....

 I joined in on another CAL this week
The original pattern is for a lovely puffy double sided hexagon, the pattern gives you the option of joining them together to make a chair cushion or many other items.
 I worked as per the pattern, which is very well written and easy to follow.
I stuffed firmly as I closed the hexagon.
You can see in the photos the centre is a single layer, this is such a clever pattern!
Using the same thread as the centre
I stitched through the centre of the sides several times, and pulled tight.
making a little ‘star flower’ shaped Strawberry Danish Pincushion.
Next time I will use a smaller hook, as the stitches opened a little when stuffed.
(hook size was my choice not the designers so this was user error ;) lol!)
the yarn is DK weight and the hook was 4.5mm - 3.5 would have been much better for me to choose for this yarn, but I sill love the results :)
 
You can find the pattern by Ravliki (Elena Fedotova)
on Ravelry Here
and there is a CAL on the Ravliki group on Ravelry Here 
It is such a clever pattern and heaps of fun to make :)
 
I hope you are having a great week,
our little home is enjoying school holidays,
birthdays, little day trips and visitors
oh and some birthdays - life is lovely!
~ Gillian ♥

1 comment:

Sarah Anderson said...

ooo I do like this!