Thursday, July 12, 2012

3 little dishcloths....

 We are in our final week of school holidays this week
so all sorts of projects are happening all over our home...
from Ginger beer making to setting up a little aquarium with sea snails!
The kids and I have been busy and having lots of fun :)
This is one of the projects I have made this week -
another set of washcloths for our bathroom
 When you have a busy week...a simple project is best,
So this pattern by Amanda from Chalklegs
was a perfect on to pick up and put back down again when needed.
I used Lincraft Bamboozle (70% Bamboo, 30% Cotton)
and a 5mm hook
they measure approx 20cm x 20cm and so soft.
You can find the pattern on Ravelry Here

Have a happy day!
~ Gillian ♥

7 comments:

**Anne** said...

Hi Gillian, thanks for the link to the washcloth pattern. I've been thinking about making some for a while and wondered how long they last, how well they launder etc? Do you put them in the drier? I have read some people use them for their dishcloths too. Do you use these for dishcloths and if so, how well do they work? Sorry for all the questions.
Your cloths look fabulous!
Anne xx

Gillian said...

Hi Anne :)

They launder very well, I have made them for both the kitchen and the Bathroom and prefer to use them to anything else now...besides the practical use they also look lovely ;)

They launder very well, I wash them in the washing machine on my regular setting. I dont put them in the drier on a regular basis, but have once or twice on the warm setting and they come out fine. I have all weather clothes drying lines so if it is raining I can hang my washers up inside to dry so that is why I don't use the drier much for drying them.

Even the first washers I made in October 2010 are still going strong, no holes or loose threads :)

Have a go at making one or two, I bet you'll love them!
Gillian :)

Maryandlil said...

Love them!!

Tanya said...

I'm still not convinced about crochet/knit washcloths. I don't really like using them

Jaclyn said...

Very nice!!

Cattinka said...

These look nice, thank you for the link!
KATRIN W.

Angela said...

Crocheting dishcloths is very relaxing and stress-reducing for me, so every once in a while I put all my other projects aside for a little while and make a dishcloth:) Yours are lovely.