Wednesday, August 08, 2012

simple project & new skills.....

 Moving along with my knitting...
This simple little project has taught me two new skills
- knitting in the round with dpns (double pointed needle set)
& grafting using Kitchener stitch.
 as you can see it is a little iPod sock :)
knitting socks is high on my to do list
so learning these two skills is a must!
This was a great project to tackle both,
and get some practice in,
without the fear of messing up a bigger project, while learning.
I used Jillian Neary's pattern
iPod Sock which can be found on Ravlery Here
and when it came to learning the Kitchener stitch
I used this great YouTube by
Very Pink Knits which can be found Here 

I used Cleckheaton Merino Bambino 4 ply (about 1/4 of a ball)
and a set of 4 - 2.75 mm (US size 2) dpns

Have a great day
~ Gillian ♥


1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love it. I love that we both started knitting about the same time,a nd I love seeing what project you choose next!