Tuesday, August 28, 2012

square motif crochet buttoned scarf...

 I finished off this buttoned scarf last week,
I was just waiting for a moment to photograph it.
I'm quite happy with how it came out :)
 I love how versatile it is,
simply by adding some lovely vintage buttons
and hooking a row of button holes.
 It is lovely and long
measuring approx 15cm x 180cm
As you can see below the original pattern was slightly different with a sweet bobble fringe, but being a practical person I was sure I would get frustrated wearing a scarf with a fringe like that so decided to make a few slight changes.
 Below is a picture of the Panda book
Crochet modern vintage
that the pattern was found in.
It is full of GORGEOUS crochet designs,
and well grabbing a copy if you can!
I used Panda Cotton Blend 8ply (as per pattern) & 4mm hook.
 
If you cant find this lovely Panda book
the square motif is almost identical
 to the block
Circle in a Square #13
in Jan Eaton's book
 
I hope you are having a delightful day
~ Gillian ♥


11 comments:

**Anne** said...

Your scarf is gorgeous Gillian and I can understand why you didn't include the bobbly bits on the end. Can you imagine how many car doors, kitchen drawers and cupboards they would get caught in?! :) The yarn looks lovely too, very soft and a lovely neutral colour that will go with lots of different things. I'm seeing a nice white T or white shirt and jeans. Hmmm, makes me think of spring and summer.
Enjoy your day,
Anne xx

Tanya said...

lovely. but I'm not sure about cotton for scarves, is it a bit stiff around your neck?

Love your mods, but I quite like those bobbly fringe!

Gillian said...

Thank you Anne, I'm looking forward to wearing it from now on as the weather is warming up a little ;)

Thank you Tanya, actually the Cotton Blend is (50% Acrylic, 50% Cotton) and is is soft and drapey and feels really lovely against the skin...

LionessLady said...

Oh my gosh, this is soooo devine! You have me all inspired as I have this book on my shelf! I love the look of it all bundled up around your neck like a cowl!!!

severien said...

How lovely!! So pretty... Think I might make one like this too. I love it!

Sue said...

You are going to look so fashionable wearing that.....it's beautiful....love the button idea:)

Anonymous said...

love it !

YarnRoundHook said...

What a lovely scarf! I think you were right to leave off the fringe and the addition of buttons was inspired.
Victoria

Claire said...

Hey Gillian your scarf is absolutely gorgeous and I think the buttons are a great alternative to the bobbly fringe.

CLaire :}

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

Lovely! Your variation is really great and practical.

Fruitful Fusion said...

As with all your work, I LOVE this! It's so serene and I just love the versatility the buttons give it! Beautiful!