Thursday, March 27, 2008

Salt - Believe

The New Challenge at SALT went live tonight
Esther chose the theme of Believe
you can read all about it Here

This is not only the first time I've drawn a human figure,

it's also the first time I've ever Drawn Jesus,

(apart from my childhood days)

I love the way my children draw Jesus without any worries or concerns as to how people will look upon their image of Jesus.... To them It's Jesus no matter how their drawing comes out, because they have Jesus in their heart and on their mind while they draw Him

Well thats what I've done too

I have Jesus in my heart and on my mind

Because I believe :)

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Gillian, this is so honouring to our Lord - beautifully crafted

Lythan said...

I'm extra impressed by the drawing - I thought it was all lovely to start with! Your "Jesus" reminds me a bit of the work of Oliver Postgate - http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/noggin/

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, the whole thing, the colors, the type, and especially the Jesus. I am inspired.
amanda

artfulstampin said...

I'm not usually a fan of icon tye art, but there is something beautifully strange in this simple but extremely effective piece. The colours are so subtle. great work!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Fabulous work, Gillian! I'm impressed by your drawing too! It's perfect for this piece of work. The scripture is so reassuring and brings peace to my heart. I saw this great bumper sticker the other day, "Stop stressing...God is in control". It says it all! I'm hoping to contribute this time around, I'll see how I go!