Thursday, October 04, 2007

oh that Stampbord is good stuff!!!

Oh dear, this stamp is beautiful! actually she has a similar look to my sister-in Law Jenny
This is a Stampsmith Stamp 'Serena 2' from
I've used her before but this time I stamped her onto 'Stampbord' first time I've ever used it,
It's Brilliant Stuff it took the photo stamp Perfectly!
I also used my Stamp-it 'butterfly' stamp from the Rachel Greig Plate,
I stamped it onto vellum and only attached it in the centre
(inspired by my fellow DT member Sephi, I love how she does this)
and then glued some crystals into the centre.
All those scrummy papers are from TSQ aswell

this photo shows off the dimension the Stampbord gives to the projects.

Duck on over to TSQ's Gallery, it's chocka block with lots of wonderful new inspiration

I've had some blog friends email and ask where I've been..it's school holidays here at the moment, and Andrew has annual leave, we haven't gone away this year as we are renovating our kitchen..picy's coming soon, it's looking lovely, we have the tiler finally coming tomorrow, and then the flooring going down soon, and we ordered the blinds today, our 30 something year old home is really having a lovely facelift.

Anyway just wanted to say thankyou to you all for stopping by my blog, it warms my heart to know people like to see what I make, you are all so generous with your lovely comments!

see you round blog land :O)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waouw ! Très jolie, tout en finesse et pleine de romantisme.

Hermine said...

Really awesome!!

Rika said...

gorgeous card!

Barb Conroy said...

You've inspired me to want some Stampbord Gillian!
Lucky duck for getting your kitchen re-done. I'm still waiting to get mine do so I'm looking forward to your pics!
x Barb C x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful project !!! I really love the butterfly, I think I need it... GReat job Gillian !

Alhambra Club said...

This is beautiful, had to check this twice it looks so much like a photo, love the stampboard and butterfly. Great card.

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgeous card!!!!!

Kimberly White said...

What a glorious card! And that stamp board is cool ... never heard of it before! Happy renovating! Kim

Samm said...

Gorgeous!!! love the stampboard too, it looks fabby!

Samm
x

Caroline Moore said...

I love stampbord too Gillian but I love your stitching, your embellishments and layering - really sets the piece off.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

beautiful! :)

Anastasia said...

fantastic!! looks great!

Ann Lederhose said...

Hey Gill, have been a slack cow and haven't been by for a while so here I am finally to see that you are still producing the most gorgeous things. You are so clever! Love your stuff.

Ann xx

jaki said...

Hi Gill, glad to hear you are enjoying the school hols, ours are almost over and boy have they been busy this time around!

Love your card, I haven't heard of Stampbord but I love the effect you get when you stamp on it!!

Petrina McDonald said...

That stampbord stuff does look pretty cool :-)

Congrats on the kitchen reno - that sounds like a bit of fun!
Love, P

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Just love how the stampboard took the photo stamp - very inspiring piece!

Leni said...

wonderful