Monday, February 04, 2008

Salt - God's Astounding Grace

I'm a little late with my SALT contribution this week
but it's here now :)
Kim set a Wonderful Challenge for us all for this fortnight
GRACE
you can read all about it HERE

For my piece

I used 1Cor 1:3 for my inspiration

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

This verse speaks to me about the gifts of Grace and Peace that God gives us,

so I really wanted to make a 'gift tag' as part of my expression,

the wings symbolise 'transformation'

the crown 'child of God',

the Flourish at the bottom 'my joy'

the key 'Freedom',

the G2 (two G's) is for 'GRACIOUS GOD'

This picture just shows the back of the Scrabble tile, I stamped it then used embossing powder in both black and Clear to give it a lovely finish.

supplies - manila tag, Distress Ink,Karen Owen Image, American Crafts Rub-on, ribbon,key,scrabble tile, PBS stamp from TSQ, embossing powder, computer journaling,chain and jumprings

8 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Absolutely lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag, love all the details.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Gil! You seem to excel yourself every time!
B

Kim said...

Beautiful Gillian! I love the butterfly on the back of the tile and the sewing around the tag...such attention to detail! It's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely tag Gill!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the colurs & images.

Kathy said...

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the way your art is always subtle bu thought-provoking.

Rika said...

Tt's beautiful Gillian