Monday, April 07, 2008

ATC - JTH

This is an ATC I have made for my eldest son
My children all have little collections of my Art
I love that they want to collect it
and treasure it, kinda makes it all worth while :)

My Jacob is loves Maths, Numbers, and Science

and that's why it says 'Calculating Wonder'

I made this card to recognise him coming first in class in his maths exam last week,

oh and he also got a special afternoon tea too, which he thought was pretty good too ;)

I used some cool bits from

The Stamping Queen - Heidi Swapp Tape (which by the way is really great when you are needing to cover little chipboard pieces & sticking under punched out letters), Collections Chipboard Frame, Arrows & words, Artchix Collage Image, I did use the Catslife Press Numbers stamp too, but you can't see it very well cause I kinda got carried away with all of my embellishments..lol!

the letters I used are Colorbok punched metal letters with some 'stazOn' inked all over them, I also stamped his age onto the retro key using number stamps and StazOn'

13 comments:

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

It's no surprise to me that your children stash these treasures away. You're work is wonderful! So wonderful, in fact, that I've presented you with the Arte y Pico award on my blog. Check it out sometime when you've got a moment!
I also just wanted to thank you for the inspiration and encouragement you bring to me.
Blessings,
Sue

artfulstampin said...

That is such a lovely idea... making things for your children, must try that sometime :)

Sam Marshall said...

This is so cool! I just love the stitching.
xxx

Anonymous said...

Another wonderful piece of art Gil. Jacob has no excuse to loose his key now!
Thanks for inspiring me and so many others.
~xx Barb xx~

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, what a wonderful ATC. I just love the stitching.

Kim said...

Beautiful Gillian! I'd want to collect your stunning artwork too! :-)

Night Owl Designs said...

Oh gosh, love this ATC Gillian!
P.S. Wanted to let you know I've given you the Arte y Pico award on my blog :-) Sephi

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love the colouration on the image really makes him stand out.

Anonymous said...

'calculating wonders' is beautiful and I love all those themse too. That is so awesome that your children have all these pieces of yours to treasure for a very long time :)

Sian said...

Fantastic ATC. I bet Jacob loves it!

Anonymous said...

Love your ATC! What an awesome mother your are to do think to do these tiny treasures of art for them.
You are so inspiring!

Hermine said...

Absolutelty fabulous!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

I LOVE this Gillian.. love the colours and the strong masculin feel.. excelent! :-)