Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hello my friends.....

Happy New Year :)

I just realised I hadn't put this piece onto my blog,
Last year I was thrilled to be asked to join in on a Stampers Challenge with Australian Cardmaking Stamping & papercraft Vol 14 No5.
Using The Beautiful Darkroom Door DDRS008 Doors Set :)
as you may have worked out, I love these little houses....
I love the shape, it's a really neat shape to work on, My street number is 23 so this little house represents my home, and I'm going to put this little one into a frame :)
It has Lots of Layers, I love using 'Sinamay' at the moment, you can purchase it by the mtr at Spotlight if you are in Australia in the section where all the 'hat making' bits and bobs are.
It's fun to cut, fray, stitch, glue and paint over......
I love this photo, showing you how the words 'peek' through the sinamay :)
One of the great joy's of being in this magazine issue is the wonderful friends who are also published in also, Friends whom I've met through blogging, some I've chatted with via emails, some I've been in swaps with, and two special girls whom I'm on the TSQ design team with,
so lovely to share the pages with all of these sweet girls :)

It's been such a long time since I blogged,
this time of the year is such a special time for us with visitors,
the children on school holidays, swimming lessons and so many holiday activities...

I wish you all A VERY happy New Year,
May it be Blessed from Above x

18 comments:

Godelieve said...

Stunning piece! Well... everything you make is just gorgeous to look at!
Love the layering and every little piece you used to embellish your house.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too and what a stunning piece.

Carol Q said...

beautiful. so much details to look at. it's gorgeous.

Tammy said...

Hi Gill,
I just love the detail in your work! On this piece the way you have used the looking glass (?) and attached the key really appeals to me.

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Gillian, this really is perfection!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gillian - thank you SO much for taking part in that challenge! I LOVE this creation - your work is always so amazing!!! Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year!

Jen Crossley said...

Your work is just so beautiful.
I really love this piece you have created
Jen

Vintage Papers said...

I love all the beautiful details! fantastic piece!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful piece Gill! I love the way you interpret the stamps!
Barb
xx

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

This is wonderful!! Love all the layers and detail! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and your comments. :D Marva

Chrisy said...

I love this piece...the sentiment...the vintage look but with a contemporary edge...the colors...thanks for sharin...

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too dear Gillian!
Love your beautiful house!
xoxo

Kim said...

Happy New Year my friend! Hope all is going well...Your house is just beautiful. You add so many delightful details to your pieces...just lovely!! XXOO

Rika said...

Fabulous piece again Gillian, great stamp!

Night Owl Designs said...

Loved this piece in CSP Gillian! Happy New Year!

Viola said...

Fabulous piece!!!

Mary-Beth said...

It's lovely to see you back!I love this piece, so wonderful!