Thursday, February 17, 2011

Block no.10......

Block no.10 in my
Block of the Week Project
I made block #13 Circle in a Square
Love....love...love this block!
it was quite a bit easier than it looks also.
I added one extra round of dc (uk terms)
so that it would be the right size.
..........................................................
I've been asked a few questions in my past posts about
My Block of the week project and I have answered them in the comments each time I am asked...but I thought I might just answer some common ones below :)
........................................................

~ This is a Fun project - so I don't have many rules except for trying to complete one block a week...but this is not always possible as I have already found out soon after I started, but where possible I will try.
~ This is a project I started myself to help me learn more about crochet and the various stitches and patterns available.
~ At this stage I am using blocks from the 200 crochet block book by Jan Eaton, but I may add a few different ones in from time to time....
~ I am going to make a blanket for my home with the squares when I feel I have enough.
~ I am using Cleckheaton Country 8ply & Cleckheaton Country Naturals 8ply Wool
~ I am using 4.00mm & 4.5mm hook
~ My squares are all approx 14cm x 14cm
~ I have found the 'in the round' squares easiest to make to the correct size, and have had to alter the foundation chain on the squares made by the row...Yes this is frustrating at times, but I am doing this project to learn and this is all part of learning ;)
~ I have extra photos of each block on my ravelry projects page and extra notes when I have found an issue or changed the pattern in some way.
I think that covers most of the questions I have had so far :)

I hope you are having a creative week

~ Gillian ♥

11 comments:

Fernanda said...

I think it's a great idea when we want to learn and in the end you will have an unique and beautiful blanket!

Terrie said...

Fabulous! I've actually tried this one and it ended up huge! I think I may have got a little carried away somewhere!

YarnRoundHook said...

I am enjoying seeing all these blocks - I have this book but have not made anything from it (but I had read before that the blocks do not all make up to the same dimensions). You'll end up with such a unique blanket.

Kim said...

Lovely stuff! Your colour choices are fab. I have this book too, although I haven't used it in a while... Your blanket is going to look great :)

Much love,
Kim

Desirée said...

I really liked that block! I have that book, maybe I will try them too :)

'Joyce' said...

oh GIllian another lovely square for your ever growing collection. I love this one too. You are going to have your blanket in no time.

Rynae said...

Great stuff wow I canni wait for my book to come now orderd it. :)

renee said...

That is one of my favorite squares in that book. It looks lovely with your colors! I can't wait to see your finished blanket eventually.

Anonymous said...

I like the colour palette for this square.

- said...

Very nice.

Sue McGettigan said...

Oh darn, I think I NEED this book :)