Wednesday, July 18, 2012

a mouse made of twine.....

Our little dog loves cat toys!
so last night I hooked him up this super easy little mouse :)
I love that it has little ears.
This is such a great little pattern,  the tail is the first thing you make and then the body is worked at the end of the tail, the ears are made in the round so nothing is sewn on afterwards - less things for my dog to chew off ;)

I used some 100% cotton twine from the stationary section at Big W.
and a 4mm hook.
I stuffed it with toyfil and also put an eraser inside so that he had something a little more solid to chew that wouldn't hurt his teeth it also adds some weight to the mouse, which I think he likes also.
the pattern can be found on Ravelry Here

ps...sorry for the bad photo, I made it in the evening and we couldn't wait for daylight to take a photo of it before giving it to him....So a night time photo was snapped before it was chewed on ;)

have a great day
~ Gillian ♥


1 comment:

Rika said...

Such a cute mouse!