Tuesday, January 29, 2013

little houses made of felt.....

This is my new wool felt brooch series
'the house series'
each little house is made of 100% pure wool felt.
They are carefully and slowly stitched on my sewing machine,
forming individual pieces that represent love for home and family life.
I love making these sweet little dwellings
and enjoy giving each little home it's own personality.
All layers are hand cut, layered and sewn and
no two can ever be exactly the same.
 no.3
 no.2
 no.1
below is a picture of the back of no.1
I actually love the reverse almost as much as the front of these little pieces ;)
they measure approx
 5.5cm tall and 4.3cm wide :)
 
 & another two brooches from 'the circle series'
 
Hope you are having a nice week
~ Gillian ♥


4 comments:

Teresa Abajo said...

Oh my! Your houses are adorable Gillian!

Astri said...

Absolutely adorable!

**Anne** said...

Those little houses are so cute, beautiful work.
Anne x

Kylie said...

The houses are adorable!