Wednesday, March 14, 2007

DCM little extra - simple sketch

For this week's Little Extra challenge at
we've got a sketch, template, plan - call it what you will, and we hope you'll enjoy using this one as much as we have. Remember you can stretch, twist, shrink or even turn it upside down - just as long as we can see the template is there anything goes!
Click Here to see the sketch
I must have been inspired by our 'out of the comfort zone' dare, cause I've made a retangle card, I did start making a square one but this is what I ended up with one of my normal 6x6" cards cut in half.. hmmm..now to find an envelope..LOL!
Perfect bits for my little card are - Cardstock, bella chipboard buckle, Scenic Route Rub-Ons (the Perfection was actually one big long word, but I cut it in half so it would fit like this..), 7Gypsies PP (tape measures), Basic Grey PP, ribbon and my sewing machine.
You can find more takes on this sketch on the DCM blog and also on some of our DT's personal blogs, Check them out, they are Scrummy!!!.....
So have you Dared to DARE yet? COME ON I DARE YOU!!!!
I Just want to say a big thankyou to those who have left lovely messages about the Ruby St Designs you are all so lovely, Thankyou.

17 comments:

jaki said...

That's a cute design Gill and your gorgeous sample has "inspired" me :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card girl, Im tempted by the sketch ...love sketches!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow!!I love this!

Bety :)

Allison Rankin said...

A very neat take on the challenge.

Godelieve said...

Awesome!! Love the sketch and how you used it!

Anonymous said...

Love your interpretation Gillian.

Ann Lederhose said...

THis is superb. Absolutely love it, very eye catching.

Paula J Atkinson said...

great card, love the colours.
Still having no luck with the Ruby St Designs link!!
Am at work at the mo, but there is no words on the screen I get to click on.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wonderful - love how you've used the sketch.

Vintage Papers said...

love this card!!! it is sooo scrummy! :)

Creative Treasures said...

Another fantastic card, love the colours.

Tracy

Rachel said...

gorgeous cards, gorgeous tiles, gorgeous everything, and many many congrats on being guest designer - you deserve all your success hun xxx

Renata Moni said...

another wonderful card!!!
Love everything!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love the design, size, embellishments...everything! So nice!

Stacy said...

went lookin love that site great stuff you have on here lately lady sorry i have not been by !!! again gorgeous stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian this card is just gorgeous, I love your creations, they are always so inspiring, I just wish I had more time to do these card dares, I really love them, but I will be back to do more. Love the card in the previous post, I am going to check out the Ruby St Designs Now.

Have a great weekend Gillian.

Best Wishes Carole.

Mary-Beth said...

Love the card Gillian! Wish I had more time to do these dares.

And congrats on being Guest Glamour Girl Designer! Another well deserved honour!!