Friday, August 24, 2007

DCM weekly dare - buttons

this week at Daring Cardmakers
it is Keryn's turn to dare us, I know you've all got buttons stashed away somewhere, whether they've been purchased at a cardmaking store or you thriftily snipped them off DH's old shirt. I'd like you to find those buttons and use them somewhere on a card. They can be real buttons, craft shop buttons, die cut buttons, faux buttons or another type of button, surprise us all.
We're very happy to have not only the usual NZ, Aussie and UK contingent this week, but also cards from Germany - from our latest,
very talented Guest Designer, Rein,
and from Sylvie who's kindly stayed on for another week and adds a French flavour to the blog.
Well Blogger has decided to play nice... after many attempts to post, I've finally been able to post my card here for this weeks dare..
I've had these delicious papers for a little while now,
the Lovely Mel Goodsell sent them to me,
and they have been calling out to be used on a card, and here tis...Thankyou again Mel, they are truly scrummy papers :O)
I also used my Sassafras Lass flower stamps & Heidi Swapp 'cherish' stamp and Heidi swap bling, some vintage buttons, my sewing machine & computer generated journaling.
Anyway, hopefully whatever the problem with blogger has been it is fixed now...

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this card Gillian!!
I have nominated you for a blog award details are on my blog!

Alhambra Club said...

this is lovely.

Esther said...

Love the buttons, that accent that wording! gorgeous font! hope you had a blessed time away

Debbie @ The Shabby Bungalow said...

Gillian - absolutely fab as always :-)

Just had a nosey at all you cards etc and they are just scrumptious - they're not really cards - they are works of art :-)

Missed you - and have enjoyed my blog hopping this week as I have some time on my hands :-)

Debbie
xxxxxxx

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

this is BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Love those papers.

Penny said...

Oh just gorgeous the way you have layered the different papers and sewn them. Beautiful wording as well :)

Allison Rankin said...

Super card!

Tammy said...

Hi Gill,
I love how you have used these things your card is just beautiful!

joanne wardle said...

nice, I love all the different backgrounds

Megan said...

Superb Gillian!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful Card !!!

Samm said...

Gorgeous again Gillian!!!

Samm
x

Corie said...

Wow -- so many layers -- just absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this, beautiful!!!

Vintage Papers said...

so yummy! what a wonderful card. every bit of it!

Rika said...

This is beautiful Gillian!