Wednesday, June 06, 2007

But Mother knows best......

Oh how Zelda wished she could have chosen her own hat
for the premier of Her new film....
But Mother knows best.....

The most delightfully talented Nancy Maxwell James, set a little challenge on her blog, she has this gorgeous image of 'Zelda' ready for anyone to play with... so this is what I made with my Zelda.... I hope you like it Nancy, it was lots of fun, to slip into the girly, girly mode for a bit of fun.... the wonderful bg, is a free image Gaby had on her blog a litttle while ago, so thankyou Gaby, I really enjoyed using it, I think it's quite theatrical...

I must say, I am glad my mother let me choose
my own hats,
Thanks mum for giving me the freedom to express myself as a child...
I only hope I can give my little miss the same freedom of
CHOOSING HER OWN HATS

16 comments:

Rika said...

Woow Gillian, Your Zelda creation is just fabulous! :)

Julie Prichard said...

I love this, Gillian!!

Swamp Tulip said...

Great job. Stunning.

Teresa

Kimberly White said...

Loving your Zelda! Kim

Paula J Atkinson said...

Totally fabby! Love the humour.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant - such a happy,mix of styles - couldn't find the bg piccie :-(

Vintage Papers said...

oh Gillian
you CLEVER -CLEVER girl! I adore the piece you made - so perfect for dear Zelda and charming! thank you so much for playing along!!!

:)

Mary-Beth said...

Gillian, your Zelda is absolutely gorgeous and so fun.

I'm sure you little Miss G. with pick a very fitting hat perfect for her. Just like her oh so talented mama.

gaby braun said...

I like this card!
gaby

Chris Millar said...

You've been at it again Miss Gillian!! Creating mini masterpieces wiht your gorgeous cards! Awesome work!

Linda B said...

oh devine and fab! love it!

stamp and scrape said...

I well remember the ghastly outfits my mother made me wear - I know exactly how Zelda feels! Very imaginative, and great collaging.
Ros

Kathy said...

awwww this is cute. Thanks for making me smile Gillian - I needed it

Lynne said...

Hehe - this is amazing Gillian. Bless - that's Mam's for you.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love your Zelda creation - I am off to check out Nancy's blog!

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty colours and papers, suits the image perfectly!