Friday, June 01, 2007

Lauren has been Updating the Gallery at Scrap A While,
if you'd like to see some of My Design Team Projects & Scrapbook LO's,
and also some of the other Gorgeous Girls on the DT's work,
click here, and it will take you straight to the gallery...
Lauren also has a wonderful online shop
*****************************

DCM weekly dare - I can see clearly now This week at Daring Cardmakers
our Kel is setting you an UNREAL dare.
are you ready ?? Kel says- Okay, this week I would like you to use some acetate, vellum, plasma or anything else remotely 'see-through' on your card. That's it!

As you know, Bety has been with us for the last couple of weeks as Guest Designer and has done a fantastic job. Many, many thanks Bety for your support and your beautiful work on the Daring Card Makers Design team....we've loved having you with us.
Which leads us on to our next Guest Designer- who we are very proud to announce will be with us for the next couple of weeks......and that lovely person is KIRSTY WISEMAN. So, please join us in offering Kirsty a huge welcome, we (the design team) are really looking forward to working with you over the next couple of weeks.

Cool bits for my Card this week I chose to use - Basic Grey Numbers Transparency, Heidi Swapp Chipboard Numbers, Creative Imaginations Journaler's notebook page (that's the white stripe paper with the brackets under the transparency), Stamp-It Australia PP (thats the lovely script pp you can see under the transparency), ACME label maker, los tres caballeros stamp (I just cut up the stamped image and only used one of the chaps) sorry can't remember which brand this stamp is..., Versa black ink, and ofcourse my sewing machine.. have a great weekend everyone!
So have you Dared to DARE?...Come on I dare you!!!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, I just love ALL the different elements, and the way you've layered it. How do you keep coming up with such fab ideas?

Jen said...

As usual your work is outstanding, love the theme, love your blog xxxJenxxx

Sarah said...

This card is Amazing Gillian! Everytime I look at it I see something new. Fab work!

Jayrewcraft said...

WOW - lovely card Gillian.

I just stopped by to also say THANK YOU for the beautiful card and items you sent me as part of the Daring Cardmakers challenge prize. You even parted with Heidi Swapp - definitely above and beyond the call of duty - he, he!!!!!!
I was a big surprise to get a parcel from Australia.

Thank you, once again.
Jayne x

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Wow Gillian very very nice.

Andrea xx

Renata Moni said...

OMG, Gillian! You´re very talented!!!
Love your style!

Kimberly White said...

You are such an inpiration Gil! I love looking at your art! Thanks for sharing it with us! Kim

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, so many elements combined so well!

Leni said...

very nice card.

Rika said...

Gorgeous card gillian!

Tassy said...

Thank you for your comment.This card is fab! I love it.I love anything vintage and this one is one of my favourite....
x

Karen L said...

Wow Gillian this card is gorgeous. I also love the layering effect and the different colours incorporated in this card - very different but really quite stunning.

Kathy said...

I love this, Gillian

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous as always!
I got new needles for my machine time to stop being a scardey cat & try the out!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I took the dare! :0)
This is brilliant. Love the stitching and layer upon layer. Fab work as always, Gillian.

Lynne said...

Another fab card Gillian - it's gorgeous.

Sharon said...

Super work, Gillian. Your blog is so inspirational. :D

Leisa@Scrapsidaisy said...

Super cool card Gillian! I bet any 12 y old would love to receive this! Your ideas for wings never end - fantastic!

Coby said...

Dear Gillian,

I love the way you construct your cards using a variety of elements to create a cohesive whole. You are very talented.

Much love

Coby

deb said...

Fantastic work Gillian, love the stiching.

Vintage Papers said...

fabulous design ! love this so much! :)

Paula Whittaker said...

beautiful layered work....youre so inspiring and I really admire the art you create!

Rhi said...

Stunning Gill, you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful artwork.

Rhi x

Cora said...

So much fun!

Penny said...

Love all the elements and layers on this. Beautiful work!