Tuesday, June 12, 2007

DCM little extra - Old, New, Borrowed, Blue

for this weeks little extra at
Daring Cardmakers,
kathy came up with a beaut dare it's one of her recipe's...
There's an old rhyme that tells brides what they should wear on their wedding day to be sure of good luck, it goes:
Something Old,Something New,Something Borrowed,
and Something Blue
This week we'd like you to incorporate these four things into your card -
It doesn't have to be a Wedding card, despite the verse - just as long as your card features each of those things on it.
Borrowed could be borrowed from another card, some ribbon from a chocolate box, a tiny piece "borrowed" from a child's hair ribbon, even a postage stamp from an old envelope, it could also be an item or technique borrowed from a different crafty sphere...And before you ask - whilst you're allowed to use a sewing machine to make your card - it CAN'T be your borrowed item - as that would be just TOO EASY and this is supposed to be a challenge, isn't it! hehehe
Well Here is my card, I decided that seeings I have a bit of a 'rusty old junk' collection, I'd use some of my bits....
Something Old - well I've got a few on here- vintage button, buckle, token
Something New - the paper I used is Scrumptious 'Scenic Route' paper
Something Borrowed - that would be the little hinge
Something Blue - well that would be the Junkitz blue denim button
other bits I used are some scrummy letters a friend sent me, Basic Grey PP, clock stamp from my 'it's a mans world' stamp set from Artistree,7 Gypsies arrow, Karen Foster Biggie brad, screw type brad, & my sewing machine...
So have you Dared to DARE yet?... Come on I dare you!!!!

20 comments:

Jo said...

Fabulous card as always :) how mean was Kathy with her sewing machine rules lol

jo xx

jaki said...

Oh! I knew that this was your card over at DCM!!!
OK, thinking cap is on :)

Apollox said...

Great card and such a funny idea to use the weddingspecials for the bride on a card!

Esther said...

I particularly like the denim buttons! I am a bit of a denim fan especially on things other than jeans!

Ah- and I have just spotted the word 'unique!' how cool is that!

Anonymous said...

A clever take on the dare, Gillian, you always make such fabulously detailed cards!

Sarah said...

Fab card Gilllian! Love all that 'rusty old junk' you use!

Gillian .... said...

fantastic work again, love all the bits you aquired for this card, works so well.

Paula Whittaker said...

Just love your take on any of the challenges you do....always original and fantastically designed.

Dolly Mixtures said...

Great masculine look. Love all the metal bits. Thanks for your lovely comments on my cards too!

Anonymous said...

Nothing to say except for "SWEET"! I love this card Gillian!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Good job we can't use our machines' mine broke!! :( :(

I knew this was your card even though it didn't have your name beside it!
Love it!!!

Hope the cold is much improved & you have been prductive in the craft room.x

Rika said...

Wonderful masculine card, love this!

Scripture by Design said...

Nice one Gill! This is very geometric of you! L.O.L!
x

stamp and scrape said...

I love the patchwork feel of this card - I now realise the sewing machine is a vital part of you card making equipment. I'm envious of all your embellishments, and how well you use them.
Thanks for the grunge definition and comments.
Ros

Kimberly White said...

What a great card! Cool idea for a challenge! Kim

Kim said...

Ohhhh...I love this!!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fab card - I just love your originality with everything you tackle!

Anonymous said...

Love this! What a cool father's day card. It's always hard for me to make masculine looking cards, this one is wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it love it love it! Such a PERFECT man/Dad card Gillian. I love all your treasures and the colours of this card are so manly and yum
Melx

Flower said...

Wow, this is perfectly done! Not just perfect for Dad, but perfect period! Awesome!