Tuesday, June 19, 2007

DCM little extra - FABULOUS

this week for Daring Cardmakers
Little Extra you are given a word Prompt and that word is FABULOUS....
I've made two this week,
the first - hard to photograph or scan, I still had one of those cute little cards left from when Self Address sponsored us at DCM, so I used it...
other bits I used for it are - Image from my Tuscan Rose CD, Autumn Leaves Flourish Stamp, Maria George Crystals, Silver Mirror card, Prima flower, Versa Magic Black, computer generated word and my sewing machine.
the second card, has one of my fav bits at the moment... that scrummy crystal tape along the top, it's the sort that is sewn onto dresses, But I love it on cards :O)
other bits I've used are - Bazzill Cardstock, Cloud 9 PP (that's the green), Bella Chipboard Letter & numbers, See-D's alpha stamps, Versa magic Inkpad, Metal Label holder which I embossed with EP (and let me just say... OUCH!!! metals hot when you heat it with a heat gun... go figure!!!), computer generated letters and my sewing machine...

So have you Dared to DARE Yet?...Come on I dare you!!!

I just want to say a BIG THANKYOU to all of you who leave comments on my work,
It's a real thrill to read each one, and I do chuckle at the funny ones too... :O)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful carda,Gillian!

artfulstampin said...

Lovely cards Gillian! The baby has arrived, pics on blog!

Renata Moni said...

This card is really fabulous!!!
Have a nice day!!!

Kimberly White said...

JUST FABULOUS! As always! Great challenge! Kim

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love what you did for the challenge, I need to work on mine tonight.

Flower said...

Fabulous sums it up! I'm not sure what crystal tape is and don't see it well, but since you love it I will be looking for it on future cards. lol

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

wow!!! VERY NICE!

Bety :)

Sharon said...

FANTASTIC work, as always Gillian. Love everything on your blog, infact! :D

Stacy said...

beautiful cards girl!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is so awesome! Great job yet again! LOL

Jenny L. said...

Gillian, these are great. I love that photo in the first one. I'm not blogging anymore, but I am still around. Just busy that's all. :)

Kim said...

Can I just say that these are...well, you guessed it...fabulous! You know what's kind of funny, well maybe just to me, is that I say "fabulous" all the time. It drives my friends nuts! hee hee Love your creations!!

Pearl said...

ahaha ! fabulous as always ! love your witty vintage images !

quick question for yer , Gill ! if you could start your rubber stamping image collection all over again - what would you invest in ? lol

I feel like going on a spree somewhere , somehow sometime for images but dont know what to get that has good mileage apart from flourishes at this point in time !

ttfn, Pearl

Kathy said...

Both of these are utterly FABULOUS!

Gillian .... said...

both great cards gillian, hope i can play this week too, thanks for the kind words as always :) :) :)

Sarah said...

Fabulous cards Gillian! The vintage image is wonderful and I just love the style of the other one. Actually I love the style of everything you do!

Mary-Beth said...

FABBY!!!! Gillian, these are gorgeous!!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I so appreciate your comments and encouragement.

{{HUGS}}

Fiona Carter said...

Gorgeous cards this week Gillian. I love your vintage lady, she is fabulous!
Fiona
x

mum-on-the-run said...

Both amazing cards!!

I love the stitching on the second one

stamp and scrape said...

wonderful distressing on the 2nd card. I never think to mix up my fonts - clever idea. The stitched framing on the 1st one is sooo effective - looks very sophisticated. Double fabby!
Ros

Anonymous said...

awesome as per usual!
congrats
p.a.r.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards. I love them both.

Leigh said...

Both fabulous cards Gillian, love them.