Friday, June 15, 2007

DCM weekly dare

This week at Daring Cardmakers
it is our Lythan's turn to dare us all
and this ones another Cool Dare
Embossing.Dry embossing with a light box or with a die cutting machine.Using embossing powders or triple embossing.Using pre-embossed papers.Embossing with found items.Just have fun playing!And as I can't resist being a little (em)bossy - why not see if you can get more than one emboss technique on your card?
And we are THRILLED to have another FABBY guest designer -
It's Leo.
Welcome to the Fun Leo :O)
so Here is my card, My embossing bits are the flowers, tag & 'cherish' word
for the flowers and the tag I used a technique I like to call 'grunge embossing' only cause I don't know what it's really called...
I just wiped them over with Versa Mark 'watermark' stamp pad, then lightly sprinked some black embossing powder on them before heat setting with my heat gun..
Bits I've used on my card are - Bazzill Cardstock, Crate Paper Printed Paper, Bazzill Basics really big paper clip, paper flowers, Biggie Brad, 7 Gypsies metal tab, Heidi Swap 'cherish' stamp,Scallop Ruler, Ribbon, Versa Mark watermark stamp pad, Black embossing powder, and my sewing machine...
So have you Dared to DARE yet?...Come on I dare you!!!

28 comments:

Rika said...

Gorgeous card again Gillian!
Love the colors you used

Jen said...

As usual Gillian your work is wonderful, I dont know how you find the time myself lol hahaha Luv Jen xxx

Flower said...

Sorry...still laughing at Norman! lol This is a beauty, Gill, truly! The scalloped edge sets it off!

Zuzu's Blog said...

beeeeeeautiful Gilian .. (as ever ) :-D

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

What a great layout for this card. Love the color, too.

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous Gillian, it's so rich and chocolately!

Grunse embossing is a good phrase and it looks effective. My own type of embossing is simply called "bad"

Angelnorth said...

I think grunge embossing is the perfect name :)

The card is beautiful Gillian, the grunging has made the flower look velvety and the whole thing looks really opulent - gorgeous!

Kimberly White said...

What a wonderful card! This is a great dare! Kim

Est xxx said...

Hey Gillian thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog...trying to catch up with everyone while I have a whole friday evening to myself, I love your card very "Me" style I am going to have a nosy around the rest of your gorgeous blog

Chris Millar said...

Love these yummy colours! Very nice!!!!! That last card is a crack up too Gillian!!! Loving all your cards this week - sorry I don't get time to comment on each one. Have a fab weekend!

Megan said...

Very beautiful Gillian :-)

Megan xx

Sarah said...

Fab as usual Gillian! That ribbon is lovely!

Lythan said...

Love the shabby chic vibe you've got going there Gillian!

Penny said...

Lovely - so elegant! And thank-you for your encouragement to me for joining in DCM as I am really enjoying it!:)

mum-on-the-run said...

I love this card, it's gorgeous!!

Thanks for your comments onmy cards, I really am hooked on DCM already!! Rubbing my hands together waiting for the next one, LOL.

stamp and scrape said...

You have such a wonderful eye for deatils Gillian - scallop edging, and PP etc. I always look forward to my visits here.
Ros

Leni said...

very pretty.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous & my favourite colours.

All of my Todays said...

Thank you for welcoming me and for the nice comments. I hope I can keep up with you all! Lol Love all your cards, very inspiring.
x

White Butterfly said...

WOW! This card is so wunderful!! I love the colours!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card!!! Love it!

Vintage Papers said...

Gillian
this is just beautiful! lovely design and scrummy papers!

Godelieve said...

You always come up with something amazing Gillian. Another beauty here, great colors, I love the scallops, paperclip, flower... it's just so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wonderful !! How i love these colors and the design !!

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Gillian what a fantastic card i love it.

Andrea xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Just gorgeous - love the grunge embossed flower, it is perfect!

Mrs Frizz said...

I don't know why ... but this one in particular, just does it for me ... I love it ... I love everything about it. Well done!