Monday, June 18, 2007

My first set of Inchies

this was my first ever set of inchies I recently made for a swap,
gosh they are little... {stating the obvious!!! lol!!}
anyway, Shary organised this swap, and the theme was flowers, so I used my hero arts Zinnia Stamp for this, set, the background is made with about 5 different versa color cubes all stamped onto a glass chopping board and then sprayed with water, and the flower is stamped with the versa bark, also used are Maria George crystals and computer generated words.

I hope you and yours are well, our family has been battling colds and such, they seem to hang around for such a long time, I can't seem to shake one I've had for a while now...
Edit: Mel asked me about Inchies, and as there may be some others who aren't familiar with this term, Yes Mel they are 1" square, and they are swapped like ATC's
some people just collect them and store them in 'coin' holder pages the same way a coin collector stores his coins, others use them on cards and other papercrafts!
hope that helped :O)

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome inchies!!
I think its cold season, our family has them too, hopeyou get better soon!

Anonymous said...

These inchies (such a cute name) are soo sweet, I love the bling on them! Are inchies like ATC's but more inch like in size?? Is that why they are called inchies??
Melx

Anonymous said...

Inchies? Ohhh, I've got so much to learn! How adorable!!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

These are gorgeous. I like the minature detail on them but having tried a while back for the front design of a card, I can appreciate how incredibly tricky they can be to work on & that makes them even more adorable.

Godelieve said...

These are fantastic inchies! Great choice of stamp and color. Thanks for telling us how you did the background on a glass chopping board :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card with all these inchies !! Love the gemstones and the words you added.

Patsy Jackson said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog re the last dare Gillian. As always I'm in awe of your stuff - your style is fab and so different which is what makes it sooo special! Loving the inchies - and talking of inchies - love Norman's pants too! lol

Rika said...

These are gorgeous, love the colors you used!

Pearl said...

wow thats a lot of work on one inch ! well done Gill ! lovely outcome !

hope you & family are doing better with the cold thing !


ttfn, Pearl

White Butterfly said...

wonderful colours! love it!

Jen said...

Love the glass chopping board idea, thanks heaps for that. I have only eva done one set of Inchies and you would think being so small you can just whip em together but they take more work than that hey???? Luv Jen xxx

Kimberly White said...

What a cool idea Gil! Love these! Thanks for the instructions! Kim

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

this are so cute!!

Bety :)

Anonymous said...

wow...fantastic work,Gillian.

Keryn Campbell said...

I love your inchies. I guess too small to get under the foot of your sewing machine.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Wonderful Inchies - I hope you and your family manage to shake your colds soon.

Flower said...

Beautiful...and TINY! lol I can't imagine working within an inch, but obviously this doesn't stop you! Stunning colors you came up with too.

joanne wardle said...

lovely , would you like to join my inchie swap, the current theme is yellow. check my blog under this post
http://madebyjoanne.blogspot.com/2007/06/yellow-bird-up-high-in-banana-tree.html

Kathy said...

These inchies are gorgeous Gillian.

How can you bear to give them away? they'd look fab on a card - maybe you should make some more!

Leigh said...

These are beautiful Gillian.