Tuesday, June 26, 2007

DCM little extra - Gimme Some Lovin'

For your little extra this week at
we'd like you to put some LOVE into your cards. Wedding, Anniversary, Engagement or simply to say "I love You" - there are lots of opportunities to get lovey-dovey and slushy, after all, "All you need is Love", you know!
Make sure you check out what the other DT girls have come up with,
You'll LOVE them :O)
So here is my take on the dare, I'm lovin using Gesso at the mo... I just love the way it can be almost translucent in places, almost like 'frosted glass',
esp shows up really well on dark BG like this..
and I reckon that the rougher you put it on the better it looks!
Lovely bits I've used are - Bazzill Cardstock, Jo Sonja's Gesso, Heidi Swapp 'love' stamp,Bella chipboard brackets, K&Company Stickers, Collections chipboard heart, EK Success Alpha Stamps, brad, Acrylic Paint to stamp the 'love' stamp with, computer generated words, Versa Magic Jumbo Java Inkpad, & my sewing machine.

So have you Dared to DARE yet?... Come on I dare you!!!!

25 comments:

Leni said...

very pretty card.

jaki said...

OK, you got me this week, I didn't pick this as yours over at DCM! LOL!!

Love how you have sewn love, the brackets and heart...looks so good.
Might have to look into this gesso too, haven't every had anything to do with it but you make it look great!!

LOVE your card Gill :)

Alhambra Club said...

Lovely card, this challenge looks to be fun, will be heading out to vacation so will try to get something done before I leave.

Sugar & Spice said...

Absolutely gorgeous card - I LOVE the stitching on the heart.

jennalee said...

Love the artsy gesso look and I love your tag card too. Nice job. Very inspirational.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Love it!!!

Bety :)

Stacy said...

put this one in my scraplift file totally love it girl!!!!

Julie Prichard said...

Nice card, Gillian!

Megan said...

Great card Gillian...I love popping in to see what you have created!

Megan xx

Gillian .... said...

great layout this week gillian, love the cool gesso look, hoping to try this out soon.

Petrina McDonald said...

I like this one Gillian - loving that freestyle painting you've got going on!
Love, P.

mum-on-the-run said...

Fab card, love the stitching

Esther said...

wow! you even stictched round the word love! that is ompressive!

joanne wardle said...

wow look at that, love the paint and all that stitching. really great!

Paula Whittaker said...

Flippin wonderful.....fab stitching and loving the gesso too :o)

Lynne said...

Doing a bit of Blog catch up today - I've missed so much.

I love the technique you used for Rhi's dare Gill - it's amazing, I'm gonna give that a go, and this weeks LE is beautiful...x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fabulous Gillian - the gesso actually looks like fabric!

Sarah said...

Fab card Gillian! love it!

Rika said...

Wonderful, love how you did the heart!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card. I love the way you've applied your gesso.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Really lovely design. so different from your usual things. I love it.x

deb said...

Fantastic Gillian, love the stiching, really makes the whole design something special.

Kimberly White said...

Stunning card Gillian! Love it! Kim

Kim said...

Fantastic! Love this card!

stamp and scrape said...

You have inspired me to get the gesso out again, and be a bit bolder with it. Hope the teaching is as inspiring for you as it is for your pupils.
Great card again, Gillian.
Ros